Thursday, October 27, 2016

I'm back . . .


I'm Back . . . !


     Just in case someone has been following my blogging efforts . . . well you've probably noticed that I haven't posted for awhile. Well, one evening while we were in Ames, Iowa (at least that's where I think we were--but Kathleen may correct me later) I loaned Kathleen my old Lenovo ThinkPad while we were at Starbucks (taking advantage of their faster internet). When she was through using it she let it slip down the side of her chair and it hit solidly on the edge on a very hard floor and would not boot up again. I was able to get in the BIOS and run a diagnostic only to find that it could no longer read the hard drive--so long computer--I'm glad that it was old & cranky (like me) and I guess that Kathleen put it out of it's misery--she euthanized my computer . . . perhaps I should take this as a lesson & avoid being old & cranky . . . well, at least I can avoid being cranky . . . I guess--perhaps at least when this election is over.
     Well, anyway this is all to say that I haven't blogged & I had the perfect excuse to blame Kathleen, the euthanizer of computers! Now after three trips to Best Buy and a bit of research we bought a new Samsung Chromebook--it took three tries to get one that worked right. Don't all of you computer geek types jump all over me about how stupid it is to buy a Chromebook, because you weren't there to advise me when I needed you most--that includes you, Kevin Breedlove!
     So this is more of an announcement than a real blog and I'm just realizing that if this thing has spellcheck I don't know how to work it  yet. It doesn't seem to have a caps lock key either . . . not a word geek types. so soon I'll be back blogging on the new computer with pictures and everything, I hope! See you then!




No comments:

Post a Comment