Monday, October 10, 2016

What Does an Elk Dinner Look Like?

An Answer to Danielle's Question?


Just Like This!
Of Course you probably wanted to know more. It was my first time to eat Elk; it looked and tasted very much like beef (no, not everything tastes like chicken); I didn't cause the demise of the elk in question; It was pleasant enough and seemed to be extremely lean meat.
 
The night before in Cheyenne, Wyoming our hosts offered me some antelope chili--it was also good. I would compare it to pork--possibly from what I remember--and, no, sadly I didn't take any pictures.
 
Yesterday on the trail to "Scott's Bluff" we encountered a rattlesnake. I whisked him off of the trail with a stick &, no, I had no designs on making a meal out of him--again, sadly, no pictures--Kathleen & two young women on the trail were very nervous about the whole thing and I just wanted to ease their discomfort as quickly as possible--besides, I was always taught not to play with my food!!

 


1 comment:

  1. Lol! I would have been a lot more scared of the snake. I am nervous of rattlesnakes every time I walk around the location where I work which has many "Beware of Cattle and Rattlesnake" signs. The Elk sounds like I'd want some gravy with it.

    ReplyDelete